So I have spent the majority of my week obsessively looking at pictures from Coachella; the popular music festival in California. I have always dreamed of attending the festival and hopefully someday in the near future this dream will come true.. I have decided to dedicate this blog post to my favourite outfits that I have seen from the various celebs who attended the festival; mainly through Instagram and twitter and why I like them so much. Let the Coachella fashion pictures commence… [I should point out that none of these photos were taken from me, I have simply used other websites I will list the sources in the captions] ENJOY!
I absolutely love the Delevingne sisters and this high-waisted bikini not only shows off Poppy’s amazing figure, but is fashionable and classy at the same time.
Here Rita’s hair looks amazing, I love the fact that she’s played with the traditional look of a plait in order to conform to her quirky and unusual sense of style.
Beyoncé, or Queen B as I should be calling her is known as never having an off day when it comes to fashion and certainly looked to die for at Coachella. Her natural beauty is shown through her minimal make up, apart from the lipstick which I personally think adds a little something to her outfit and the matching shorts and top combo represents her fun and playful side.Here Alessandra looks fab with her friends, truly fitting into the bohemian hippie chic style seen at Coachella. Not only does she manage to look fashionable but also looks as though she is having a great time all at once. God I wish I was her..
And lastly but certainly not least is.. one of my favourite TV presenters; Laura Whitmore. She is known for her sensational fashion sense and she certainly didn’t let us down at Coachella this year. Her top is amazing, where can I find it? and the playful gold cat ears just make her outfit that little more fun and festival suited just for Coachella.
I saw this post on Facebook yesterday and it really spoke to me. We all spend too much time focusing on the negatives in our lives when we should be focusing on the positives, trust me there are positives. Please read this as I think it will make your day and give you time to just STOP and think from your busy life.
just a quick post, here are two videos I have seen this week which reminded me to keep on smiling and be happy with life no matter what is going on.
The hit film Mean Girls was released in 2004, written by the brilliant Tina Fey and starring; Lindsay Lohan, Rachel McAdams and Jonathan Bennett. No one estimated how popular the film would be to teenage girls, creating laughter and becoming a cult classic for all. I can personally say that it is the one film I am constantly quoting with my friends, and it’s hilarious story line of high school cliques, relationships and the harsh reality of the ‘plastics’ can never be re made again. In this post, I am going to tell you how mean girls can be applied to EVERY teenage girl’s life, and I mean every girl’s life. So here goes..
1. ‘Ex-boyfriend’s are off limits’ This is pretty self-explanatory really, no true friend will ever date her bestie’s ex even if he is as gorgeous as Aaron Samuel.
2. Being a new student automatically makes you mysterious, and therefore getting to the top of the food chain i.e. high school is quite simple. Cady is a true example of this, she was invited to sit with the ‘plastics’ on her first week of school, despite Amanda Seyfried’s hilarious racist comment ‘so if you’re from Africa, why are you white?”.
3. ‘stop trying to make fetch happen, it’s not going to happen’ turns out that fetch did actually happen Regina. It is quite easy to start a trend in high school, from fashion to vocab all you have to do is spread the word and then everyone will be doing it. In year 8, there was a trend at my school for girl’s to clip coloured paperclips on the v neck of their jumpers. I have no idea why we saw this as ‘cool’ but it caught on, and in a matter of days everyone had coloured paperclips. NEVER AGAIN will I be participating in that trend.
4. ‘I’m sorry that people are jealous of me, but I can’t help it if I’m popular’ in every school there is one girl who is popular for no reason, and therefore everyone dislikes her for this. In England, it is less the case as school’s, mine in particular are less cliquey. However, in America as portrayed in teen movie’s cliques seem extremely normal. For teenage girl’s we become jealous very easily of other girls, and by being popular it makes you a target of this jealousy.
5. ‘You smell like a baby prostitute’ not that any girl intends of smelling like this, but many in fact do. They often have the tendency to over do the perfume and end up smelling like they just came from a perfume counter in super drug. So a tip for you girl’s always spray perfume around friends, then they can tell you whether you have sprayed too much, or in some cases not enough.
6. ‘get in loser, we’re going shopping’ shopping is key to a teenage girl’s life, with friends or on our own it isn’t just about buying items, it’s the scouting for potential’s boyfriends, and realising how little money you have. Personally, I prefer online shopping as I am too lazy to leave my house but shopping with friend’s always ends up being hilarious even if I don’t buy anything.
7. ‘I’m a mouse, duh’ Halloween is the one holiday in which girls are allowed to wear the most minimal clothing they have, and no one can say anything. In my experience, of Halloween parties and events I can say that this applies to all girls. The classic dead school girl costume will be worn by one girl at least to each party and animal print always makes a move out of the closet. I would prefer to go as something more covered up, just like Cady as she went as zombie bride although I wouldn’t have worn the false teeth and messy wig.
8. ‘I love seeing teacher’s outside school, it’s like seeing a dog walk on its hind legs’ I completely agree with this quote in that as soon as you see a teacher outside school premises’ you have no idea to act and therefore it becomes extremely awkward. I am always caught between whether saying hello or just quickly walking by to try to act unnoticed.
9. ‘Don’t have sex because you will get pregnant and die’ Sex will not lead to pregnancy if you are safe, Coach Carr. Sex becomes a rite of passage for some in high school, but you should never feel pressured into doing something you aren’t comfortable or not ready for yet. This comical spin of the sex talk truly highlights the genius of Tina Fey, and makes Coach Carr one of the funniest characters in the film.
and lastly, 10. ‘On Wednesday’s we wear pink’ the colour pink can be worn anyway of the week, although Wednesday’s do have a particular special feel to them. This is the one quote in which I am constantly saying, and seems the most applicable to teenage girls as they have worn pink once in their lives and shows the crazy rules of the plastic’s.
February the 14th, or better known as valentine’s day is one of the most popular days of the year. I have never understood the point of this iconic day in which you are meant to express your love for your beloved and shower them with chocolates, teddy bears and roses. For me, there shouldn’t be one day in which you show how much you love your partner, this should be a regular thing in which one day isn’t designed for it. I have decided to make a list of things I particularly hate about valentine’s day due to it being this friday.
1. People who feel the need to share with the ENTIRE earth’s population what they got from their love.
I know it’s nice to receive gifts, and please go ahead and be happy, but you don’t have to tell every single person that you received a dozen red roses or a giant teddy bear via twitter, Facebook and instagram.
2. Being single. Being single in generally isn’t a very nice thing, but on valentine’s day it is particularly bad. We have to suffer through being surrounded by loved up couples EVERYWHERE, whilst we have nobody and are left alone with no gifts, just cradling our ben&jerry’s whilst crying watching the notebook. I have always been single on valentine’s day something that doesn’t affect me anymore, but for those recently single it can be a tough time.
3. It is just an excuse for people to sell items at a higher price in order to make money. This sentence pretty much sums up why I dislike valentine’s day so much. Why should you pay £30 for a giant teddy bear that is probably too big, not worth the money and you would never buy on another day? It’s precisely a waste of money and time.
This year I am going to ‘celebrate’ valentine’s day with my girlfriend’s instead of wallowing in self-pity at my singleness, because to be quite honest I’d prefer to have fun with my friends then receive a giant teddy bear named Mr. Snuggles.
Today I am going to be writing about 5 things that have caught my eye this past week or have been obsessing over in the terms of; a book, a film, an app/website, a song and a piece of make-up/clothing/jewellery. So here goes;
Based on the bestselling novel by Markus Zusak, it is narrated by Death, creating an interesting viewpoint in which you know from the start that death will come into play somewhere in the film. It shows the relationship Liesel has with her foster parents, and a jewish man Max who hides in her home during the Second World War. I have been wanting to read the book for ages, and after seeing the film it is now top of my list.
Although a saddening topic, the film made me laugh and cry sometimes at the same times and the acting was superb; especially from the girl who played Liesel. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who loves a film that contains great acting and a heartbreaking storyline, personally I think it should have been nominated for an oscar but that’s just my opinion.
After hearing many of my friends rave about this book, and often seeing films and such referring to it I decided to read it. I am half-way through so technically I cannot review it as it is not completed but ah well. SO far, I love it. The interesting narrator of Humbert Humbert, mixes humour with its controversial subject of his obsession and sexual involvement with a twelve-year-old girl he has nicknamed ‘Lolita’ really appeals to me, and it is excellent for english A level [which is a bonus]!
Many refer to it as a classic, and one you have to read in your life as to which I couldn’t agree more.
I have often heard of the website using it for creative homework and ideas. So I finally got myself an account, I love the fact that you create boards on anything you want and there are so many pictures that you can place onto your boards. I understood tumblr, and wanted something easier in which I could control which is why I set up this blog. Pinterest gives me the chance to visually express my likes and interests through pictures, and giving me the opportunity to interact with others about their interests. Here is the link to my pinterest; http://www.pinterest.com/alexandralockye/
I would greatly appreciate if you took a peek to understand more of me, and maybe if you have account too you could follow mine?
I have not been able to get this song out of my head for the past week and every time I turn on the radio it is playing; although this isn’t a bad thing. I absolutely love it, the mix of bass and violins is really different to the other chart music you hear nowadays and the diversity of the band is really capturing. It isn’t my usual type of music, but I love this song and have downloaded the rest of their album to listen to. The music video is slightly different but I guess that coincides with their style of music, and make sure you check out their song; Mozart’s House which is also another of my favourite’s from them.
I have had an obsession with red lipstick, for many years now starting from god knows where. I feel as though it always adds something special to my outfit and can complete a look anytime, anywhere. What I LOVE about it is that it never goes out of fashion, it will always remain the number one look for lips and honestly I think I look rather incomplete without it. I am now known for my red lipstick and my extensive and ever-growing collection of red lippies that I intend to never end. I think this is a good thing to be known by, and I can always count on my red lippie to literally brighten up my day and as Sofia Vergara says ‘If I walk outside without lipstick, I feel naked’ I can honestly say that I feel the same way.
There are many things that I wish I had in my life, lots and lots of money is one which I think I share with the world’s population apart from the odd billionaire and bill gates. However, I have decided to put together a little list of simple items I have seen, heard about or just liked the look of which I would like in my life. So here goes;
1. a baseball top [preferably one from brandy melville clothing]. I have suddenly become obsessed with these, I love the fact that the sleeves are a different colour to the actual top and it can be worn anywhere; in bed, out with jeans or add heels and a skirt to go somewhere posh.
2. a sausage dog. Me and my mum are crazy about sausage dogs as we find them so cute and love the way they walk. We have chosen the name; Frank after a frankfurter, and have been trying to persuade the rest of my family to get one. Hopefully by the end of the year we will have a new addition to the family in the case of a dog named Frank.
3. cheekbones. Well, of course I have cheekbones otherwise my face wouldn’t be able to keep it’s shape and just concave. I am uber jealous of the models I seen in magazines who could cut cucumber’s with their cheekbones, and even my own twin has cheekbones to die for. If only I got that feature when I was born.. I know this isn’t able to happen unless I turn to surgery, but you know what they say; God works in mysterious ways and hopefully he will be bless me with killer cheekbones.
4. oversized sunglasses. They make you look chic and mysterious at the same time, and my personal favourite are the cat eye shaped ones. To be honest I think sunglasses can be worn anytime anywhere, especially with the sun shining on a cold winters day and they just add a little something special to your outfit. Here are a few of my favs;
5. and lastly but of course not least.. Andrew Garfield.